Thursday, January 2, 2014

Ten Days In

We have been home for ten days. It feels longer than that, but also shorter. It's weird being in this transitional mode, when one minute life feels familiar and the next you feel like you have stepped into another persons life entirely.

Here are  few things I have consistently felt in the last ten days:

1. I wake up excited and ready to start my day and within the first five minutes immediately feel overwhelmed.

2. Despite feeling overwhelmed I have been able to maintain a positive disposition throughout the entire day.

3. It took seven days for the jet lag to completely run its course.

4. I like it better when my Husband is home. I feel more capable when he is around, something about knowing if I need a break another adult is around to run the ship.

5. Ahbie is bossy. He is still incredibly handsome and funny, but wow, bossy.

6. Henok doesn't mind being bossed around, yet. He also is very curious, loves the trampoline, and hates the cold.

7. Elen does not want to leave my side and will sit outside the bathroom door just to be near. She is precious.

8. Senbete is quite possibly the kindest person I have ever known. She is quick to smile and loves to sing. Seriously, every time I turn around she is singing.

9. Chuna grew up in the two months I was gone. Did you know Justin Bieber is the cutest boy in the world. ever. She also wants to move to California so she can be on High School Musical. She is eight.

10. Ryan is by far the most laid back go with the flow person in the entire house. I couldn't have hand picked a better Son or big brother. Thank you God.

11. Oz is almost as tall as I am and it makes me want to cry. He is also full hugs which means I can't stop smiling.

12. I have kept up on the housework for ten straight days. Thank you Jesus.

13. I need a chart to allocate individual time with each child. 7 kids really is a lot, despite the fact I insisted it would be a breeze. Denial is a wonderful thing until reality slaps you in the face.

14. I love America and I also love Ethiopia...Equally....

15. My life is perfect right now, and knowing that it will only get better from here makes me smile from the inside out. I love my family, and it feels good to say that.



No comments:

Post a Comment