Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Elmers Glue or Lotion???

We were at the table eating pizza and Daddy tells Oz he needs to lotion his arms. Oz looks at me and says "Mom, Oz lotion at school, you put lotion in bolsa(backpack)" I told him "no, I didn't put lotion in his backpack".

He looks confused and says "Mom what is this is my bolso, it is white" and then on the table he draws an outline of a glue bottle. I said "That's glue" and he asks what glue is, so Daddy explains what it is used for.

This look comes across his face, and it was as if you could see a lightbulb come on...He smiles and then breaks out into a laugh. He says in between his giggles "Oh Mom, Oz thought glue lotion, Oz did this" and he shows us how he rubbed it all over his hands and his face. The whole time laughing as he realizes what he has done.

Of course we are laughing too and Daddy asks him if he had to go to the bathroom to wash it off, and still laughing Oz says"No I just did this" and does a rubbing motion on his face and hands to demonstrate how he got it off...I haven't laughed so hard in a long time, and it was so precious to see Oz take that mistake in stride and to appreciate the humor in it.

Needless to say he now has a real bottle of lotion in his backpack to put in his desk at school.

Lord how I love this little man of mine, and the grace he demonstrates each and every day. What a treasure he is.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh what a gift to be able to laugh at yourself. I love OZ!!! So sweet!!!! We are hoping to come to Colorado the week before Christmas - will y'all be around?

    ReplyDelete